In addition to the day-to-day operations of the outpatient pharmacy services, the pharmacy provides six clinical protocols to Department of Defense beneficiaries, including anticoagulation, tobacco cessation, cough and cold, medication bridging, emergency contraceptives, and naloxone prescribing. Any patient that presents with a more complex case will be referred to the patient’s provider or to the Emergency Room. The goals of these clinical protocols are to provide prompt pharmaceutical care, alleviate minor symptoms, prevent gaps in therapy, and quickly return the member to duty, improving their quality of life.
Manage Your Prescriptions
TRICARE Pharmacy Program
TRICARE Formulary Search Tool
Use the TRICARE Formulary Search Tool to look-up your drug. A search can tell you:
- Formulary status (generic drug, brand-name drug, non-formulary drug, non-covered drug)
- Where the prescription can be filled
- Copayments and limitations, such as prior authorization
- Coverage review requirements and forms
- Alternative medications, including costs
To start your search, you’ll need to put in the brand name or generic name of the drug and then select the strength prescribed, as well as your gender and age.